South Pacific II
South Pacific II is one of Queensland’s most famous and favourite classic ocean going timber vessel. Built in 1964 by esteemed Brisbane shipwright Norman R. Wright & Sons the 72ft iconic vessel is steeped in history. In 2017, South Pacific 2 underwent a major refit on all decks and galley providing it with all the modern features while remaining its unique character.
From January to June South Pacific II is available for charter for Moreton Bay and Brisbane River cruises.
From July to December South Pacific II will call the tropical north Qld home and is available for charter to Australia’s best aquatic playground – The Great Barrier Reef – one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Charters will leave from Whitsundays, Lizard Island and Lockhart River.
In July and August, South Pacific II will be based at Airlie Beach, a perfect launching pad to the Whitsunday Islands and reef. In September, she heads to Lizard Island where she will run as a mothership up until late October operating around the Ribbons and Jewell Reef. In November she heads to Lockhart River to mothership around the Bligh Reef area.
Charter options range from mothershipping, long range fishing expeditions to remote reefs, week long fishing trips and family holidays. Itineraries can be individually designed to suite your needs.
What better location to experience this unique vessel than amongst the stunning scenery and fishing grounds surrounding the Whitsunday Islands, Lizard Island or Lockhart River.
- Major fitout in 2017 to replace the galley, replace all beech decking with new and opening of the aft deck area by reducing the head height of the aft cabin.
- 72 feet (22 metres) 80 tons gross, with a range of 6000km.
- Equipped with stabilisers and steadying foresail for offshore comfort
- Central galley and dining saloon with seating for 10 guests
- Spacious upper and lower decks
- Large swim platform with boarding ladder
- Four cabins and 3 bathrooms
- Flat screen TV, video, surround sound stereo,
- Soundproofed engines with 240 volt generators,
- Water maker, ice maker, extensive refrigeration and freezer capacity and serviced by computerised electronics