South Pacific II will be available for extended fishing charters to the Great Barrier Reef from the Whitsundays between May and December. Packages available for up to 10 guests for a 5, 6 or 7 day charter from Shute Harbour, Airlie Beach.
The Great Barrier Reef, beyond The Whitsunday Islands provides a vast variety of fish to target. We target coral trout, red throat emperor, spangled emperor, nannygai and the highly prized red emperor. While reef fishing we also like to live bait for the high speed Spanish mackerel. These fish can grow over 30kg and put up a great fight even for the experienced angler. Moving between reefs we always troll lures or rigged baits for mackerel, tuna and if lucky a marlin or sailfish. Sharks are also on the cards. Night fishing for spangled and red throat emperor inside a reef lagoon can be fantastic or if weather permits we anchor in the deep water chasing red emperor and nannygai.
- Experienced captain, fishing guide/deckhand, chef and host
- All meals, snacks, bottled water, soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Clean, fresh bed linen and towels
- All fishing gear, rods, reels, tackle and start up bait. Welcome to bring your own.
- Catch processed onboard and frozen for departure
- Snorkeling equipment
What to bring
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, camera, toiletries and clothes in a small bag
- BYO alcohol (limits apply)
- Starting from $3,500 per day
- Depart Shute Harbour: 2pm first day of charter
- Return Shute Harbour: 9am final day of charter
- Add one or both of Sea Fever Sportfishing's vessels to enhance the fishing experience further - Visit www.seafever.com.au Price on application